And if you order now...

OK so I always thought that those paint-edger things you saw on television were a gimmick. I mean, I don't think Billy Mays actually ever hawked that exact item, but you know what I'm talking about... those paint pads with a handle that make it so you don't have to tape off an area.

I thought I was kinda a big deal. I thought I knew what I was doing. I thought tape was rad. I thought I was above paint pads.

I thought wrong.

Oh my god. So I was in Home Depot getting paint samples (sadly, sans Ian) when I decided I needed just one more roller. Next to the rollers was a little Shur Line display... and I was taken in. I had always assumed these paint pads (not to be confused with an iPad) were overpriced and ineffective. I don't know why, I think I just have a natural distrust of "As Seen on TV" items. But I was amazed because these Edge Like a Pro paint pads were on sale for $2.54. I will buy almost anything for $2.54. So I figured, where's the harm in trying these out?

So I took them home and started edging the ceiling in my bathroom. No tape, just using this little pad to butt up against the ceiling. Was the line perfect every time? No. Was it good enough after a few coats that I had saved valuable painting time by not having to use a brush? YES.

The only downside I saw in this product resulted from human error. Surprise surprise, if you load the pad up with too much paint, it is very likely that it will push out too much during application. By applying the paint to the pad in an even coat with a brush, I solved that problem immediately.

So now that I know how awesome these paint pads are, I think I am going to run out and get a HandyPeel and a ShakeWeight. If Billy says it's good, it's gotta be good right?

0 comments: