You Light Up My Life

So if you're like me, Christmas in the 80s was full of baby dolls who actually pooped, big wheels, and the Barbie RV with a fold out table for candlelit dinners with Ken. It also included those huge glass colored Christmas lights strung around the tree, threatening to shatter at any moment. AWESOME.

Well, I know you can still fond them some places, but they usually sell out quickly. Enter ping pong lights. Buy a gross (144 count) of ping pong balls for around $10.00, use a nail or drill to punch a hole in them, and stick them on your normal boring lights for the same sense of ambiance you got from those eighties monsters. I like them on white lights too-- they give the impression of those even more retro big bulbs. Try it out and see what happens... while I don't have a Christmas tree this year in my new house (since I am not yet living there), I will definitely be using these when the time comes to decorate my patio. Rock on.

0 comments: