Begin the Begin

I want everything around me to be beautiful. I am an HGTV addict. I read Martha Stewart Living and Better Homes and Gardens, but I hate 'cutesy' projects and most scrapbooking. I work in an interior design office and pull in graphic design/photography contract work as often as I can. 

So, I am basically a borderline fraud. I'll be the first to admit it before someone else out there points it out. I have a BA in art, but my focus was digital photography. However, through a ridiculous chain of events that included many hours in a carpool line with my sudoku book and long hours in an overheated natatorium, here I am. I am an assistant in an antiques-based interior design showroom, attempting to climb the ladder into a position as a full-time designer. We'll see what happens...

In my personal life, I am also trying to buy a house, take a class at the local university, decide how to quit my job moonlighting as a waitress in a sports bar, and basically just get myself together. Amazing how things can turn to shambles just two years out of college. 

So follow along as I share project ideas, insightful witticisms, and hopefully a generally positive and humorous account of my life as a 24 year old on the brink of loving life through design disasters and delights.

And forgive the alliterations... they will be my downfall.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Caroline, look at you! Such neat ideas, and your house is P-I-M-P! definitely entertaining to read...keep this up, lady!