Freedom!!!

In the words of Mel Gibson/William Wallace, 'they make take our lives, but they can never take our FREEDOM!' Well today, I finally declared my emancipation from my job slingin' wings. For the past seven months, I have been picking up some extra cash working as a waitress in a buffalo wings sports bar. As fun as it was getting hit on by drunk men despite my heinous uniform, I finally decided that it was time to throw in the towel.

It doesn't seem to make sense to quit a job right before I make one of the biggest purchases of my life, but I needed to make some changes in my schedule and not only was my schedule at the sports bar inconsistent, I was getting paid much less than I do for my work at the interior design firm, babysitting, or doing contract design/photography work. So while I am nervous about missing out on that income, I really do think it was a good decision. Anyone interested in some non-slip black Sketchers? They are pretty sexy.

Another reason I quit was because of my new endeavor this fall... SCHOOL! I will be taking an interior architecture class at the University of Louisville this fall. I am so excited to learn more about my new field and hopefully share some things I learn with you on here!

It was impossible to actually take this class though! Apparently, the concept of a post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking student is totally beyond the powers that be. Not only did I have to jump through hoops to get a parking permit, the art department actually contested my eligibility because they 'could not account for the rigor of the foundation classes at [my] previous institution.' I can understand that if I hadn't gone on to complete three more years of education in the arts. I mean, seriously? Considering the fact that I graduated, I think I might have figured out the color wheel and other important fundamentals of art.

As fun as it is to babysit on yet another Friday night, I am looking forward to having a break tomorrow night and Sunday before I start school again on Monday!

0 comments: