Be Cool, Stay in School

Little known fact: Pottery Barn is in the education business. They aren't like sponsoring scholarships or anything (as far as I know) but they would LOVE for you to learn how to decorate your house with their furniture.

I am torn about my love for the PB. On the one hand, it has quality pieces of furniture that are, for the most part, stylish, classic, and simple. Their products have a modern sensibility without going all I. M. Pei on you. However, I can't help but remember that episode of Friends where Rachel buys the apothecary table and Phoebe throws a fit because it is not a genuine piece with 'history.' Though Phoebe sometimes annoys me, she kind of has a good point there. Although anything you buy at PB will be nice, there is something simply amazing about reclaiming a piece of discarded furniture and making it into a treasure of your own.

However you feel about Pottery Barn, here is the cool thing: They offer decorating classes. Not necessary really, but it cant help but be somewhat enlightening. And best of all... the classes are free. Not only that, but you get 10% off any furniture featured in the discussion. Score.

Now, I realize that this is just a way for PB to push their furniture, but if you have something in mind, why not sit through an hour class and get 10% off a sofa? You might just learn something in the process.

0 comments: