I'm Stickin' with You

I'm back! The past few days have been insane... apparently, when I budgeted my time for my new fall schedule, I did not take into account that taking a class would mean having homework. Funny how that works out. Additionally, I have just joined the Junior League of Louisville (again, who am I?), so that has turned into a big time commitment as well. I love it, and I love being busy, but it has left very little time for blogging. Sad!

Luckily, I am on a little labor day break in South Carolina. I am staying with my friend Molly, who just had her apartment decorated by a local designer as part of a special for the local NBC affiliate. There are several aspects I love about the design--gray walls, a non-traditional ceiling, and Asian influences are amongst the best. However, I'll get to those in future posts. For now, I am going to focus on what I thought was a stencil. Oh, how I was mistaken!

There has been a recent trend towards short-term options for decorating. Permanence is out. And nothing is better for a temporary design solution than new removable wall decor stickers.

Molly's living room now includes a mid-wall border that looks like a stencil, but can peel off without ruining the paint beneath. Perfect for an apartment where you are invested in regaining your security deposit, or even just a house where you want to change things up for a short period of time.

I tried to find a good online resource to recommend, but honestly, there is no online store that looks reputable and it completely devoted to removable wall art. However, you can either google "wall decals" or check out Target for a wide selection of removable wall art.

Try it out and enjoy it for a few weeks... or months... and then try another. Instant, removable, awesome.

0 comments: